3 Weeks Out

 Each week evolves and changes, and personally, I love that. I am actually more like 2.5 weeks out at this point (15 days to be exact) but who’s counting? Oh, that’s right, I am.

I started the week feeling pretty good, Monday showed promise in my workouts and I felt stronger. Likely because of the cheat meal (yes, given by my coach) on Sunday but whatever the reason, the workout was better than the week before. By Tuesday self-doubt started kicking in.

In a conversation with my husband at the gym I was reminded of how hard I have worked for this and how far I have come. I know I am not perfect in this process and I know there is plenty of room for improvement. In fact, I already know what I will do differently next prep. But never mind that. Tuesday I was worried. Not because I haven’t done the best I can, because I have, but because I am going to do something I have never done before. That only 1% of the population do.

Have I done something like this before? Well, sorta. I have definitely done things only 1% of the population does. I have jumped out of a plane (willingly I might add), I have run 26.2 miles (also willingly), I have run 13.1 miles (more than 1x, also willingly!), you get the idea. I have done things many people would never dream of doing, plenty of times. But this is somehow different.

So Tuesday afternoon at my check-in with my coach, I talked about the self-doubt and realized it’s simply nerves (both excitement and scared, because we all know those are the same feelings) for an experience I have never done. My coach explained to me I was on track. I am doing all the right things. I am someone he doesn’t worry about. Why? Because I am a planner. I have EVERYTHING ready. My suit, my jewelry, my plan for my makeup, my haircut, my massage, when I am going to get my nails and toes done, my posing (though still practicing that), the hotel, etc. Everything. And no, I haven’t started packing yet. 😉

By Wednesday I saw great improvement at the gym. I wasn’t as tired and my body was adjusting to the lower calories. I wasn’t exhausted by the end of the day and I felt stronger with my workouts overall.

I can honestly say I have never fought so hard, for so long, for something I wanted. Bodybuilding is something you cannot fake or cheat. Being fit is the ultimate flex. After all, getting healthy is something only YOU can do. No one can workout for you. No one can eat healthy for you. I put in this work. Every. Damn. Day. That is why getting in shape is and should be the ultimate sign of self-respect.

I genuinely respect myself so much more than when I started this. I know I could not have done this without the support of my coach and my husband, who allowed me to make time for this, every step of the way. I know this isn’t for everyone but it makes me feel alive. More alive than I have felt in years. I LOVE working to be the BEST me I can be, to have a goal, to put in the work. And there’s still so much more to learn.

Your health and fitness is the sum of all the promises you’ve made and kept. I will continue to make and keep those promises. Watch out world, this is just the beginning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting on Stage and Post Show Update

5 Weeks Out

10 Months Later....We're Getting There!