The Struggle Continues

My last post was a few months ago and talked about my back injury and the debilitating pain I was in. After a series of unsuccessful emails and suggestions from the doctor that did not help, I vowed to just go back to working out once the Orange Theory Fitness near my house. Mid-December the studio opened and I began going, scheduling 3 times a week so that I didn't over commit or injure myself.

By the beginning of January I saw that the amount of calories I was burning in a 3x a week schedule was NOT going to help me loose the weight I needed to so I upped my workouts to 5-6 days a week and joined the weight loss challenge which began January 16.

I was going late afternoon, about 5:30pm which worked for me. My new job is further and I spend about 2+ hours each day commuting in regular traffic. I planned to work my normal hours of early morning to late afternoon rather than 8am-5pm however, circumstances did not allow for that and I was forced to move my schedule to 8am-5pm. This meant that if I work out in the evening, the earliest I can get there is 6:45pm making my dinner time well past 8pm and leaving no time to spend with my husband or dogs in the evening. So I made a switch to 5am.

It's been a couple of weeks since I made the switch and I thought it would be fine but it's much more of a struggle than I thought. I cannot get the 7+ hours of sleep I strive for and find I barely get 6 1/2 hours most nights. This week I had two incidents where I couldn't get up for the class (once I missed my alarm because I got home at 10pm and couldn't cancel the class and once I forgot to set it). So now I am stuck in a situation where I want to commit to 5am but when I cannot get there I am charged. I already pay SO much for this workout and I am frustrated that I cannot get it together.

Life is getting in the way and I fear I have over committed in general. My job is crazy, the commute is really tough and I am struggling to adjust. I am missing workouts, not getting enough time with my family and have not really been able to take care of myself.

So where is the balance? When does this struggle end and where do I find a middle ground? I am working to improve some elements of the CrossFit gym I once attended that I manage the office at, I have a regular job and I am the online chair for a Relay for Life event in San Jose. I don't have time to go to the store and buy a razor to shave my legs right now, that is how ridiculous my schedule is.

I don't have the answers but I am starting to loose it. I don't know how to drop the weight I need to fit into my clothes again, get enough sleep to be productive at my job, and still have time for my family and friends and all the things I love.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting on Stage and Post Show Update

5 Weeks Out

10 Months Later....We're Getting There!